January 12, 2011

MAUS by Art Spiegelman

BOOKS. Sorrounded by snow in Athens, Georgia, Scott gave me this book to read. I spent the afternoon looking at the snow and reading it. It is first class literature and a comic book at the same time . And above all, a piece of art.  Sober and moving, a discovery for a winter day. It reminded me of Spielberg's Schindler List, the Nazi horror never ceasing to need an enlightened outcry.
Rodeado de nieve en Athens, Georgia, Scott me lo dejó para leer. Pasé la tarde mirando la nieve y leyendo. Es al mismo tiempo literatura de primera y un comic. Sobrio y emotivo, un descubrimiento para un día de invierno. Me recordó también a La lista de Schindler de Spielberg, el horror Nazi siempre necesitado de denuncias, aún desesperadas, con mayusculas.

4 comments:

  1. Kaixo, Pedro. Te acabo de llamar a cas y me dice Johanna que acaba de llegar de Honduras y no estáis!!
    Creo que no podéis salir por la nieve, no?
    Un abrazo,
    Willi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sobrecoge la portada incluso en clave de comic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog-

    Great book- here is a post from my blog that my monkey wrote about his impression of this story:

    http://ladyofthearts.blogspot.com/2010/09/maus-and-persepolis.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been delightful to read your monkey's review.

    ReplyDelete