June 22, 2011

HOT, FLAT and CROWDED by Thomas L. Friedman

BOOKS. I've been in business many years, mainly in industrial or consumer good jobs. For once that I tried to become a financier it was a mess.
Hot, Flat, and Crowded explain in a comprehensive and easy way the current economical crisis and the role of energy in it. The best I have read.
The book shows too how financial speculation has become the major player in the World of Economics.
I guess that despite being an Economist myself - of the old school I'm afraid - I have no future whatsoever in a business with such a trend.
He trabajado muchos años en el mundo de la empresa, la mayoría de ellos en el sector industrial o en el de bienes de consumo. Para una vez que quise jugar a financiero menudo lío que fue.
Hot, Flat, and Crowded explica de una manera detallada y sencilla al tiempo la actual crisis económica así como el papel de la energía en ella. Lo mejor que he leído de esto.
El libro muestra también cómo la especulación financiera ha pasado a desempeñar el papel estrella en el Mundo de la Economía.
Supongo que a pesar de ser economista yo mismo - de la vieja escuela me temo - no tengo mucho futuro como actor con guiones así.

4 comments:

  1. quieres que te diga una cosa? no te imagino como tiburón y embaucador.Para mi son así los que se dedidcan a especular con el dinero de los demás. Me alegra saber que no formas parte de esa rama humana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd probably need this kind of reading, because i feel really bad in the world of the adults. i can understand how to trade, but i'm probably too stupid to understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already love the title. I think we have to do some serious thinking in this world of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I am an artist, I love to read books about economics and sociology. Thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete