April 29, 2012

LES NEIGES DU KILIMANDJARO (2011) by Robert Guédiguian

FILMS. Les neiges du Kilimandjaro (The Snows of Kilimanjaro) isn't directly linked to Ernest Hemingway but to a French pop song of the same name. On a very French day - we had lunch with one of Herve's wines and went to the movies to watch a movie in French - Susana, a friend, spent the day with us waiting for the night train from San Sebastian to Lisbon.
Like nearly all French Midi films it's full of la joie de vivre, and this one, on top of that, has got a soul as clean as, well, snow. I will not say more about the Marseillaise family featured in the film. Watch it and I believe you'll have the snow feeling too.
We had a wonderful day with Su. It rained all day but the sun came from Marseille.


La película Les neiges du Kilimandjaro (Las nieves del Kilimanjaro) no está directamente relacionada con la novela de Hemingway sino con una canción "pop" francesa del mismo nombre. En un día muy francés - comimos con un vino de los de Hervé y fuimos al cine a ver una película en francés - Susana, una amiga, pasó el día con nosotros esperando al tren de la noche de San Sebastián a Lisboa.
Como casi todas las películas del Midi francés está llena de la joie de vivre y ,ésta en concreto, tiene además un alma tan limpia como, bueno, la nieve. No voy a decir más sobre la familia marsellesa de la película. Pero si la ves, puede que sientas esa sensación de nieve también.
Pasamos un día estupendo con Su. Llovió todo el día pero el sol lo puso Marsella.

11 comments:

  1. Hello:
    This seems an ideal way to spend a wet day with a friend. We shall certainly look out for the film which does, from what you say, sound most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, tu me donnes presque envie d'aller voir un film français! (dommage que ses films ne soient pas sous-titrés en parisien…)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I like snow. Memories Of Snow...a title of mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No he visto ésta película, pero la voy a alquilar. Ya te contaré...Gracias por la recomendación.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As part of my French education, I watch borrowed French films... I guess that I need to find a source to buy/rent as this one was an award winner at Cannes last year and sounds interesting. Thanks, Pet.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the recommendation. Yesterday, we finished watching The Man From Rio. I adore French films.

    ReplyDelete
  7. me la apunto!!! por lo que leo me gusta la joie de vivre!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I probably won't have the opportunity to see this one, (it looks like a good one) but I do remember the old one with Robert Mitchum and Susan Hayward for some reason it has stuck in my memory! (I am a Hemmingway fan)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of this-I think I would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. muy buena peli, sí señor.
    sehr empfehlenswert.
    the film is downloadable in internet (this I did)

    ReplyDelete