September 3, 2012

GAME OF THRONES

BOOKS. I saw them in a bookshop window in Vienna. I was hooked  - impossible to stop reading - to the Game of Thrones saga last winter. It was already quite a job to read through its thousands of pages. I can't even imagine what must it be to translate all of it into German!
PS. I had introduced my brother-in-law Scott to Colleen McCullough's The First Man in Rome saga, good books about the Roman Republic - a favorite subject for me - and he spent like 2 months doing nothing but read them. So as a sort of a vengeance he put on my hands the first of these. 


Los vi en en un escaperate en Viena. Estuve enganchado - imposible parar de leer -  a la saga de "Games of Thrones" el pasado invierno. Ya fue bastante trabajo leer sus miles de páginas. No puedo ni imaginarme el trabajo que debe ser traducirlo al alemán!
PS. Introduje a mi cuñado Scott a la saga de "El Primer Hombre de Roma" de Colleen McCullough, buenos libros sobre la República Romana - un tema favorito mío - y se pasó como 2 meses sin hacer otra cosa que leerlos. Así que como una especie de venganza puso en mis manos el primero de estos.

1 comment:

  1. When I get my hands on a new series of books, I'm afraid that the things I should be doing tend to slip a little until the books are finished.

    Haven't read these yet.

    ReplyDelete